Important News and Reminders for Rubbish to Runway 2019, Byfield
· Tickets are on sale at this webpage
· Each model and each designer receives one comp ticket.
· If you are both a designer and a model, you only get one ticket.
· If you design with a partner, you each get one ticket.
· If you are a designer and plan to watch the show, you should keep the ticket for your own use.
· If you plan to watch from backstage, give your ticket to someone else and send us their name or tell them to mention your name at the door.
· If you don't have a ticket, you can't be seated or stand. Fire regulations don't allow SRO.
· Rehearsals are Sundays, March 31 and April 7, from 4 to 6:30 PM and Monday, April 22 from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM in the Bergmann Theater at The Governor's Academy Wilkie Arts Center.
· As designers, you do not have to attend any rehearsals but many of you are both designers and models and your commitment as a model is to attend at least one rehearsal.
· Also as designers, you will want to confirm that your model knows the date and times of all rehearsals.
· The only rehearsal, which requires actual show clothing, is the final rehearsal on April 27 beginning at 2:00 PM at the Bergmann Theater in the Wilkie Arts Center on the Governor's Academy campus.
· Bring the shoes you will wear in the show to all rehearsals.
Bring water and snacks to all rehearsals and the day of the show.
· Send the music for your walk(s) by March 1. You can send an MP3 or just the name of the song and the singer. We will download and edit.
· Each walk will be 1.5 minutes.
Here is a schedule for the rehearsals:
Sunday, March 31, 2019, from 4:00 PM to 6:30 PM. This will be a rehearsal primarily devoted to NEW models. Diane Gage will be teaching turning and walking on the runway. We will have the runway taped off on the stage and we will use that to practice these moves. I hope you will have listened to your music a few times before this rehearsal.
Sunday, April 7, 2019, 4:00 PM to 6:30 PM. Diane Gage will be with us as well as our DJ, Brian Doser. This will be the time for walkthroughs of individual walks on the runway. Everyone should have listened to their music and practiced on their own by this rehearsal. I hope to be able to send you the MP3s of your music before this rehearsal.
Monday, April 22, 2019, from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM. Again we will have a chance to walk through the runway walks. All the Walk Talks will be completed and we may have a chance to practice with the walk talks as well. Everyone should be really familiar with their music at this time. Diane Gage and Brian Doser will be with us.
Please bring your own water and snacks to these rehearsals.
Designers are welcome to come as support but are not required to attend.
Call time for the show is 1:00 PM on Saturday, April 27 at The Governor’s Academy, 1 Elm Street, Byfield, MA
Final dress rehearsal on Saturday, April 27 begins at 2:00 PM. We will be having our final rehearsal. Brian Doser will be there and I will be running this rehearsal.
At 4:00 PM on Saturday, April 27 we will be joined by Georgia Bills, a very experienced theater professional who will help us plan the finale. Our finale music is The Pointer Sisters, "I'm So Excited." This is a Rubbish tradition inspired by Diane Gage!
Again, a reminder, bring your shoes to all rehearsals.
Any questions, please reach out! Thanks for reading.